Our guest speakers this month:
- Hope Watson, Staff Attorney for the Center of Heirs Property Preservation - This non-profit organization protects heirs’ property and promotes its sustainable use to provide increased economic benefit to historically under-served families. They offer legal education and direct legal services to help families reach agreement, clear title to family land and probate estates as well as providing one-hour free, legal consultation and Free Simple Wills Clinics.
- Charleston County Treasurer Mary Tinkler will be there to discuss options on how to pay your taxes by using the Advance Installment Plan
- Charleston County Auditor Peter Tecklenburg or his staff member will discuss what tax saving potential is available to you by applying for exemptions. His office has just launched a Homestead Exemption Campaign so citizens who are eligible can enroll in the program.
Citizens do not need to register in advance for the round table meetings. For more information or to provide ideas for upcoming topics, contact Charleston County Councilmember Anna B. Johnson:
· By email at: email@example.com
· By phone at: (843) 958-4001
· By mail at: Post Office Box 13975; James Island, SC 29422