On-line service are available here: https://www.charlestoncounty.org/clickandgo.php
- Change of Mailing Address
- Homestead Exemption Application
- Mosquito Control Request
- Pay Taxes & View Records
- Legal Residence 4%
- Recycling cart request
- FOIA request
- Business license renewal
- Building inspection request
- Who's In Jail (Inmate Search)
- Court Plus
- Auditor's Office live chat
Clerk of Court:
Charleston County Judicial Complex will only be open to the public Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Any payments, court filings, or drop-off filings should be done during this time. Staff will also be available from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. by phone or email. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 843-958-5000 for Circuit Court or 843-958-4400 for Family Court.
Child support and alimony payments should be made to the South Carolina State Disbursement Unit in one of three ways:
- Personal Check mailed to: South Carolina SDU, P.O. Box 100302, Columbia, SC 29202
- Electronic Payment from Bank: www.expertpay.com
- Credit/Debit Card: www.e-childspay.com
Solid Waste Operations
- The Bees Ferry Landfill and Convenience Centers are on a normal schedule
- Recycling collections will operate as scheduled next week - To protect the health and safety of our drivers, Charleston County Environmental Management will be collecting material contained inside your recycling cart ONLY. Do not leave material outside of your cart. Please flatten all cardboard boxes and cut them to size, if necessary. Overflow recyclable material may be dropped off at any one of Charleston County’s many dropsite locations.
- Charleston Center is currently not accepting new admissions. Citizens may call the helpline at (843) 722-0100 for updates. The Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) remains open and operating on a normal schedule.
Board of Elections and Voter Registration
- The Charleston County Board of Elections will remain open for candidate filling until noon on March 30. Candidates are asked to not wait until Monday to file and please schedule appointments online: https://www.picktime.com/chscandidatefiling
Register of Deeds Office Information:
Citizens should utilize the Register of Deeds drop-off location (on the first floor of the O.T. Wallace Building located at 101 Meeting Street, Charleston) until further notice. All documents should be sealed in an envelope with the correct contact information. Checks only please.
If you are requesting personal and business research on property and or other property concerns, please call the Register of Deeds office at 843-958-4800 or email email@example.com
Alternative Early / Late Entry for Abstractors
- 7:15 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. / 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Open to abstractors (list of abstractors must be provided to the security officers) Must be on the list and show proper ID to enter the building.
- A county employee must be present in the ROD office during the allotted time. (Not a ROD employee).
- All abstractors must “Wear Gloves” while in the office and they must wipe/clean there area or space after usage. Abstractors must provide their own gloves.
Citizen Info Line: 843.746.3900
Spanish Line: 843.746.3909
SCDHEC Care Line: 1-855-472-3432 Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for questions about COVID-19
MUSC Health: Virtual Care 843-792-7000 or http://campaigns.muschealth.org/virtual-care/index.html
Roper St Francis Virtual Care: http://rsfh.com/virtualcare