Project website: http://follyatcamp.com
Charleston County Government announces nighttime lane closures starting Sunday, March 4 at various locations in the project area for the Folly Road at Camp Road Intersection Improvements Project. Closures will occur for the next two weeks in both directions on Folly Road, Camp Road, Eugene Gibbs Street and Rivers Point Row.
Crews will be conducting paving operations on Folly Road. All work is weather permitting.
At no time will the entire roadway be blocked to traffic.
March 4 – March 16
- Nighttime lane closures will occur Sunday night between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m., and Monday through Thursday nights between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Flagmen will be on site to direct traffic.
- Drivers will have access to businesses and residential properties at all times.
- At least one lane in each direction will remain open to traffic under flagging operations.
- Drivers traveling through the project’s construction zone are asked to be extra cautious and aware of equipment and crews working in the area at all times.
The Folly Road at Camp Road Intersection Improvements Project on James Island involves improvements to Folly Road from about 1,000 feet south of Camp Road to the intersection with Eugene Gibbs Street and Rivers Point Row, and improvements to Camp Road from West Madison Avenue to Oyster Point Row. Improvements will relieve traffic congestion and localized flooding by adding turn lanes and upsizing drainage pipes. Bike lanes and sidewalks will also be added.
Visit the official website at http://roads.charlestoncounty.org for public meeting notices and up-to-date news and information about all Charleston County Transportation Sales Tax road projects. Anyone with questions about the project can call Charleston County’s Transportation Development Department at (843) 202-6140.