Join Councilwoman Anna Johnson for the groundbreaking ceremony for the new Baxter Patrick James Island branch of the Charleston County Library on Friday September 29 at 10AM on the intersection of South Grimball Road and Nathaniel Drive on James Island.
Per the Emergency Management Plan, it is CARTA’s roll to support evacuations as directed by the County. All evacuation notices and information will be disseminated by the EOC staff. The 2017 Charleston County Hurricane Guide displays all of the pick-up points to the nearest available shelter. It is recommended that individuals familiarize themselves with the Guide and locate the nearest pick-up point to their location.
· If you have an animal to evacuate with you and you do not have transportation: Contact the Charleston County Emergency Public Information Line at (843) 746-3900, and a vehicle will be dispatched to transport you and your pet(s) to the evacuation animal shelter. Bring all supplies needed for your pet: crate, collar, leash, food, identification, veterinarian/immunization records, etc.
· If you are disabled and cannot get to the nearest evacuation pick-up point: Contact the Charleston County Emergency Public Information Line at (843) 746-3900, and a vehicle will be dispatched to transport you to the nearest available shelter.
· If you need transportation to the nearest shelter during a voluntary evacuation: Contact the Charleston County Emergency Public Information Line at (843) 746-3900 for assistance.
Some Charleston County Government offices will be closed on Monday, August 21
Charleston County Government will operate on a normal schedule on Monday, August 21, however some offices will shut down or operate on a half day schedule due to the number of visitors and high volume of traffic expected in Charleston.
· Charleston County Judicial Center Complex 100 Broad Street, Charleston SC 29401
· City Magistrate Court 995 Morrison Drive, Charleston, SC 29403
· City Small Claims Court 995 Morrison Drive, Charleston, SC 29403
· James Island Magistrate Court 615 Riverland Drive, James Island, SC 29412
· McClellanville Magistrate Court 10009 Highway 17 North, McClellanville, SC 29458
Closing at Noon
Charleston Center (DAODAS):
· Outpatient services, including the Alcohol and Drug Safety Action Program and drug court services, will be closed.
· OTP Pharmacy and dosing will be closed.
· Inpatient, Withdrawal Management (Detox) services, and the help line will operate as normal.
Charleston County Environmental Management