Applications for the following boards and commissions are accepted through Friday, November 19, 2021.
- Awendaw-McClellanville Consolidated Fire District Advisory Board
- 2 vacancies for residents serviced by the Awendaw-McClellanville Consolidated Fire District
- Firemen’s Insurance and Inspection Fund (1% Commission)
- 3 vacancies for residents of the St. Andrews Public Service District
- 2 vacancies for residents of the Awendaw-McClellanville Fire District
- 2 vacancies for residents of the James Island PSD
- 1 vacancy for St. John’s Fire District
- Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals
- 1 vacancy for a mechanical engineer
- 1 vacancy for a plumbing contractor
- Disabilities & Special Needs Board
- 1 vacancy
- Forestry Board
- 1 vacancy
- Library Board of Trustees
- 3 vacancies
- St. John’s Fire District
- 2 vacancies for residents serviced by the St. John’s Fire District residing on John’s Island
- 1 vacancy for residents serviced by the St. John’s Fire District residing on Kiawah Island
- St. Paul’s Fire District
- 1 vacancy for residents serviced by the St. Paul’s Fire District residing in Meggett
- 1 vacancy for residents serviced by the St. Paul’s Fire District residing in Hollywood
- Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee
- 1 vacancy for a representative of the lodging industry whose business is located in Charleston County
- 1 vacancy for a representative of the hospitality whose business is located in Charleston County
Applications will be considered by Charleston County Council’s Finance Committee on December 2, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Charleston County Council will vote on the Finance Committee’s recommendations on December 7, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
Charleston County Council encourages citizens of Charleston County who are willing to volunteer to serve on one of these important boards to submit an application for appointment. To find Charleston County Council’s application for appointment visit http://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/county-council/boards-commissions.php.
For questions or more specific information regarding each board, contact Deputy Clerk of Council Kristen Wurster at
(843) 958-4034, email@example.com, or visit www.charlestoncounty.org.